Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

E! Kristen: Fringe and Ferris Bueller Collide!

Thu., Mar. 10, 2011 5:10 PM PST by Jennifer Arrow

Welcome back, Fringe! Our fave freaky-deaky sci-fi series is back with an all-new episode this Friday, and to celebrate, we talked to guest star Alan Ruck about the floaty weird goings-on.

Floaty-what, you say? Oh, did we not mention that this episode features flying people? And who's Alan Ruck, you ask? He's Cameron from Ferris Bueller's Day Off, silly!

You love Cameron, we know you do, so read this now, willya?

WANT MORE? Follow @JenniferArrow on Twitter

Alan told us that producers had him in mind for this particular part: "I got the role in the nicest possible way. They called up and said, 'Do you want to do this?' That happens from time to time and it's wonderful." So who exactly is he playing? "He is no dummy, he's an aeronautical engineer, and he stumbled on to something and he is trying to figure out a way to use it. Ultimately he would like to use it for good, but in so doing he causes a lot of damage. So I guess you could say, he's obsessed. And this particular point in time where the episode of Fringe starts, time is fleeting and he's just…under the gun."

And how exactly does this aeronautical engineer come to the attention of Fringe Division? "Well, I don't want to give too much away," says Ruck, "But there are some people who are messing around with some chemical compounds that apparently make human beings lighter than air. I wind up doing some very bad things, sort of for the right reasons. Some things I am doing are less than legal and certainly less than ethical and maybe depending on your world view immoral."

That immoral behavior (and let's face it, he's got to be doing something horrible; this is Fringe) gets him up close and personal with our fave three investigators: Joshua Jackson's Peter Bishop, John Noble's Walter Bishop and, of course, Anna Torv's Olivia Dunham. Ruck says, "Yes, [I work] at a distance with Anna, she puts my brakes on at one point, and then I worked with Josh and John in another scene. I was very up-close with John, Josh was hanging back in that scene, but I had dialogue with John. They are great people. I met Josh over the years at different places at events and stuff, but I never met John or Anna before, and they're wonderful. I had a really good time performing with John; he is a great guy."

So will our new friend be back to cause more mischief on a future episode of Fringe? Ruck says, "I think not. I think...truly not. Technically yes [he could come back], but probably not."
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b230388_fringe_ferris_bueller_collide.html

No comments:

Post a Comment