Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

Chicago Now: Exclusive: Shawn and Aaron Ashmore guest star on 'Fringe'

This looks like it might be cool!


Exclusive: Shawn and Aaron Ashmore guest star on 'Fringe'

Shawn and Aaron Ashmore get to play alternate versions of themselves on "Fringe" this fall.

Aaron (left) and Shawn Ashmore currently are filming their guest starring roles on Fox's "Fringe."
.The acting twins guest star as brothers in an episode of the Fox thriller that won't air until probably November. Fox has threatened to send some alt universe enforcers after me if I reveal any details about the Ashmores' characters or the plot of their episode, so I'm keeping mum. (I saw an Observer in my hotel lobby earlier, by the way.)

After watching a few scenes being shot on the Vancouver set earlier this week, I can say it's going to be a very cool episode with exciting action and some weird Fringey stuff happening.

I chatted with Shawn on set, who told me this is the first time he and Aaron have acted together in about 15 years.

"We're having fun with it, running around on set and fooling everybody," he said. "It's been fun. It's a huge experience and a good show."

Shawn, who played Bobby Drake the Iceman in the "X-Men" movies, and Aaron, who played Jimmy Olsen on "Smallville," haven't co-starred in anything in a long time for a simple reason.

"It's usually because the stuff that came along is kind of hokey, but I think the quality of 'Fringe' is really high and the episode is done well and our characters are intelligent," Shawn said. "We're going to have some fun."

I'll have more on the Ashmore episode closer to airtime. Come back next week for more on my visit to the set as well. I'll have interviews with John Noble, Kirk Acevedo and Seth Gabel.
http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/show-patrol/2010/09/exclusive-shawn-and-aaron-ashmore-guest-star-on-fringe.html

No comments:

Post a Comment